So, I slacked on blogging this last week. And I would love to tell you why. Shipping for me is vast and complex thing. I am shipping in all kinds of ways and directions all the time.
1. The company I partner in is a multi-disciplinary design and marketing firm. So we are shipping all kinds of things on behalf of others all the time.
2. I produce records. And currently I am in the midst of Cure for the Common's next record "The Squeeze." This record has become the most time sensitive and possibly most important that I have been a part of to date. This has taken nearly every extra ounce of energy I have. It has been long days and long nights and will continue to be so until April.
3. All of a sudden, my photography is generating more interest and I have had opportunities to push my own artistic boundaries in ways I have wanted for a while.
4. Maintaining relationships. Isn't it a lot of work? And the best relationships take the most work! And I like good relationships!
5. Family. Hanging with the kids, taking moments to give art lessons or teach them math or science or whatever might be right in front of us at the time. Also making sure my wife isnt going to kill me because of all the rest of the demands in my life. Not really, she is my biggest supporter and without her I could never do what I do, which some days, seems to be everything.
6. Putting our house up for sale, finishing the bus and moving into a mobile lifestyle. For more on that, go to sixmindsaminute.com. Also, Selah blogs there and she has a lot of beautiful things to say.
7. Continued education. Trying to learn new techniques, new artforms, new philosophies, open my mind, see more perspectives and broader visions. I sometimes wish I could delete all the rest and just do that. 'Cause that is what I love more than anything.
Some of this is normal for me and some isn't. 2015 has already turned out to be one of the most productive and insanely creative years of my life to date. In many ways, I owe it to Seth Godin and his most recent book. I have been shipping more and more and don't see a slowdown any time soon.
I will continue to endeavor to blog everyday. I see that something is happening. I see as I share these thoughts from the depth of my well, that there is tremendous response. I see all of my friends who have been inspired to be leaders in their own way, to their own tribes. It is so incredible to be a part of. Thank you all for engaging and being real.
Peace and Love,